The surgery is open from 8am-6pm from Monday to Friday. It is also open after hours on Monday evening until 7.30pm, and on Saturdays 8am-12.30pm
You may telephone, fax, or call in, at any time during those hours to make appointments, request repeat prescriptions, or with any enquiries you may have. We do ask that you telephone after 10am to obtain results.
Emergencies are dealt with as they arise – we do have emergency appointments available each day
After hours urgent medical services are provided by the Wagga Wagga General Practice After Hours service (WWGPAHS) https://www.mphn.org.au/programs/after-hours of which our doctors are participating providers. If you have an urgent medical matter outside our normal hours please contact 6931 0900 .
Blamey Street Surgery is proud to be a teaching practice for Notre Dame, UNSW and other Australian medical schools. We often have medical students in the practice, and ask that you give positive consideration to having them involved in your care. You may, of course, choose not to have a student present when you see your doctor.
Mission statementThe people who are Blamey Street Surgery are committed to and intend to:
- Provide the best possible standard of patient care, incorporating a holistic approach
- Focus on continuous improvement in our provision of health care services for the maximum benefit of all our stake holders
- Provide excellent care and treat all patients with compassion, respect and sensitivity
- Promote wellness and disease prevention with our patients
- Develop and maintain a viable and profitable business for the benefit of owners and staff
- Provide an environment of professional excellence, and encourage the professional development of medical students and registrars working in the practice, as well as that of GP’s and clinical and administrative staff.